By Kimberley Nicoll
An insurance company has taken possession of a caravan seized by Victoria Police during a drug arrest.
Authorities say they became suspicious when they took part in a raid on a house in suburban Melbourne and noticed an expensive looking caravan sitting unused in the driveway.
Detective Senior Constable John Ballard says two men have been remanded in custody.
“I saw the caravan was relatively new, which raised suspicion,” he says. “We had it checked and it did indeed come back as stolen.
“The men said they had bought the holiday vehicle in Bendigo for cash but wouldn’t divulge who they bought it off.”
Police say the stolen van has been returned to insurance company CIL.
It had already paid out a claim by the van’s former South Melbourne owner.
- Breaking – Kirribilli House to be replaced with caravan - August 24, 2018
- ROAM Issue 33 – Read It Online - May 25, 2018
- Australia’s Best Bike Tracks Near Great Campsites - December 6, 2017
- Caravan Club Donates $1000 to RACQ Life Flight - December 5, 2017
- Motorhome Review – Horizon Melaleuca Appeal - October 21, 2017
- Winton’s Dunny Derby Run and Won - September 28, 2017
- Motorhome Review – Sunliner Habitat - September 14, 2017
- Top 5 Nomad Towing Mistakes - August 25, 2017
- Camper Trailer Review – Blue Tongue Overland XF 2 - August 17, 2017
- Video – Mal Leyland visits Eden and Pambula - August 1, 2017