Photo Credit: Sunshine Coast Daily
By Kimberley Nicoll
A police officer pulled out his handgun and shot a dog three times outside a popular Sunshine Coast caravan park.
Mooloolaba Beach Holiday Park Manager Lee Nelson was mowing lawns when he heard a loud commotion.
He says a dog, believed to be a pitbull, was off-lead and attacking another dog owned by an elderly lady.
Bystanders were able to contain the dog using sticks and a shovel until authorities arrived.
Mr Nelson reports the police officer then decided to shoot the dog, but took three shots to kill it.
The incident happened last Friday on the busy Mooloolaba beachfront strip.
The elderly woman’s dog is being treated for its injuries.
Police say the owner of the stray dog is being tracked down using the deceased animal’s microchip and could face major fines.
- Breaking – Kirribilli House to be replaced with caravan - August 24, 2018
- ROAM Issue 33 – Read It Online - May 25, 2018
- Australia’s Best Bike Tracks Near Great Campsites - December 6, 2017
- Caravan Club Donates $1000 to RACQ Life Flight - December 5, 2017
- Motorhome Review – Horizon Melaleuca Appeal - October 21, 2017
- Winton’s Dunny Derby Run and Won - September 28, 2017
- Motorhome Review – Sunliner Habitat - September 14, 2017
- Top 5 Nomad Towing Mistakes - August 25, 2017
- Camper Trailer Review – Blue Tongue Overland XF 2 - August 17, 2017
- Video – Mal Leyland visits Eden and Pambula - August 1, 2017