The Caravan Industry Association has announced it’s going to start selling insurance to consumers. In partnership with NM Insurance as underwriter, Lets Go Caravan Insurance has been set up, according to Caravan Industry Association CEO Stuart Lamont, to help the what he describes as “too many Australians who are uninsured or under-insured with their caravanning product and this partnership with NM Insurance will further raise the profile of caravan insurance amongst the community.”
He said “The opportunity to partner in consumer caravan insurance represented a unique offering and allowed both NM Insurance and the Association to build on their respective strengths to simultaneously deliver a product to market”. The Association’s vision is to “lead and champion a robust, compliant and sustainable caravanning and camping industry in Australia, with all operation pillars – marketing; research; lobbying and advocacy; compliance, accreditation and training – working towards this vision,” according to its website. The association has always been funded for and by the caravan industry itself, so it’s interesting to see it unveil a consumer focused product.
Two levels or insurance will be offered, a standard cover which includes coverage for a range of insured events, including flood, market and agreed value options, a replacement caravan if total loss in the first two years of purchase new or as demonstrator, automatic contents cover to $2,000, standard additional benefits, including flyover cover to $2,000 and an optional lay up cover.
The Prestige Policy comes with all of the above but offers replacement on caravans up to three years old, $5000 contents cover, emergency pet cover to $1000, repatriation and funeral costs cover to $1000, mobile phone theft cover to $500 and an off-road excess waiver.
Find out more at letsgocarvaninsurance.com.au
- Shows Cancelled amid COVID-19 Fears - 14 March 2020
- Windsor Caravans Now Does Motorhomes - 11 February 2020
- First Look – Frontline HiAce 6th Generation - 10 February 2020
- ACC Heading to Charters Towers - 5 February 2020
- New HiAce Frontline Camper Unveiled - 4 February 2020
- Should You Travel To Bushfire Affected Communities? - 12 January 2020
- Can Your Caravan Help After The Bushfires - 11 January 2020
- Why We Use Camplify And You Should Too - 29 October 2019
- Trakka Akuna Campervan – First Look - 24 October 2019
- Car and Caravan Weight Calculator - 11 October 2019