By Chris Bowen in Las Vegas
The Consumer Electronics Show (CES) is the world’s largest technology trade fair, taking place in Las Vegas every January. It’s the place where the biggest tech companies launch their new and innovative products ready to hit the stores in the year ahead.
The big surprise this year was a multi-million dollar RV taking centre stage.
And it turns out there’s a strong Aussie link to this giant home on wheels, with some of the amazing tech inside becoming available downunder soon.
Called the Elysium, the motorhome was built by talented engineers at Furrion, an RV accessories and technology company. It was designed and built from the ground up to showcase the technology Furrion is now building for RV owners across the world.
Started twelve years ago by two Aussie brothers Aaron and Matt Fidler, Furrion has grown to be a company turning over almost $100 million per year. They don’t sell RVs, they sell the gear that RV builders and owners use.
Walking into Elysium, you’re immediately confronted with a high-tech cockpit with a digital screen as the instrument cluster, a large touch-screen infotainment system for all the on-board audio and climate controls.
That’s just a dip in the ocean for Furrion. A 70 inch TV, RV specific oven, rangehood, fridge, microwave and even simulated fireplace are the kind of technology being installed in modern RVs – and Furrion has skin in the game for evey single electrical appliance.
Even the shower has electronic controls and the sink too.
What made Elysium stand out and had hundreds of people queuing up to take a tour was the helicopter up the top.
Furrion has already completed a deal with Jayco Australia to supply a small range of products to be factory fitted into its new caravans.
For the full story and suggestions on the Furrion supplied Jayco range, see Issue 25 of ROAM
Chris Bowen is motoring editor of EFTM.com.au
- ROAM Issue 33 – Read It Online - May 25, 2018
- Australia’s Best Bike Tracks Near Great Campsites - December 6, 2017
- Caravan Club Donates $1000 to RACQ Life Flight - December 5, 2017
- Motorhome Review – Horizon Melaleuca Appeal - October 21, 2017
- Winton’s Dunny Derby Run and Won - September 28, 2017
- Motorhome Review – Sunliner Habitat - September 14, 2017
- Top 5 Nomad Towing Mistakes - August 25, 2017
- Camper Trailer Review – Blue Tongue Overland XF 2 - August 17, 2017
- Video – Mal Leyland visits Eden and Pambula - August 1, 2017
- Evans Head caravan park upgrade on the move - July 4, 2017