Australian caravan accessories and parts supplier, Carlight, has announced it’ll be bringing a range of French-built caravans down under. Caravelair is the market leader in France and has been building vans for over 50 years, having spawned from an aeronautical firm in 1962.
The first of the models in Australia are from the Antarés range, which consists of six floor plans that suit couples and families. The smallest of the caravans weighs just 830kg with an ATM of 1000kg. The largest of the range measures 6.9-metres from hitch to taillights, weighs 1220kg empty or 1500kg full and can sleep six people.
In a statement, Carlight said of the new caravans, “The Caravelair Antarés caravans are packed with amazing standard features and travels with the best in comfort and reliability. The lightweight materials and compact designs make them ideal for even the longest journeys, while enjoying all the luxuries of the best quality fittings and appliances.”
Early indications show the caravans are stylishly designed in a typical European fashion with floorplans that maximize space, even in the shorter, lighter caravans. Only one of the models has an island bed, for example, and in a number of floorplans the main bed is also the dinette lounge.
There is a good list of standard features, including an AL-KO AKS anti-sway hitch, AL-KO suspensions, high-quality foam matteresses, room and water heating, ensuites, Dometic fridges and functional kitchen spaces. They are constructed in the European fashion, using a mixture using foam sandwich panel walls, insulated everything and mounted on an AL-KO chassis.
Carlight also imports a range of Euro caravans, a niche, cutsie-looking range of small caravans perfect for people towing with the smallest cars. Find out more about each at carlight.com.au
- Generator Etiquette – How Not to Be Hated At Camp - October 19, 2018
- How to Reverse Your Caravan Like a Pro - October 18, 2018
- Young Family Raffling Their Café to Caravan Around Australia - October 15, 2018
- The History of Millard Caravans - October 9, 2018
- What’s New at Melbourne Leisurefest - October 5, 2018
- Narva launches more efficient driving lights and VR experience - October 4, 2018
- New Viscount Models Revealed - September 20, 2018
- Kimberley Kampers to be resurected - September 14, 2018
- 4WD Aftermarket and Caravan Industry on QLD Towing Laws - August 23, 2018
- So what’s actually happening with QLD towing laws? - August 22, 2018