By Kimberley Nicoll
A caravan at a Ballina caravan park became engulfed in flames early yesterday morning.
Police, Fire & Rescue and paramedics were called to Hibiscus Gardens Caravan Park just before 7am.
It’s not known what caused the fire but Manager Brendan Edwards believes it could have been an electrical issue.
The 40-year-old caravan was privately owned and occupied by a man in his 20s.
“He was very upset as he has only lived there a couple of months and lost all of his belongings,” says Mr Edwards.
Reportedly, the Salvation Army acted straight away and came along with $500 in cash for the man.
Photo Credit: Illawarra Mercury
- Shows Cancelled amid COVID-19 Fears - 14 March 2020
- Windsor Caravans Now Does Motorhomes - 11 February 2020
- First Look – Frontline HiAce 6th Generation - 10 February 2020
- ACC Heading to Charters Towers - 5 February 2020
- New HiAce Frontline Camper Unveiled - 4 February 2020
- Should You Travel To Bushfire Affected Communities? - 12 January 2020
- Can Your Caravan Help After The Bushfires - 11 January 2020
- Why We Use Camplify And You Should Too - 29 October 2019
- Trakka Akuna Campervan – First Look - 24 October 2019
- Car and Caravan Weight Calculator - 11 October 2019