Those wanting to sample the regional produce at its best, be sure to visit Oak Street Food & Wine – one of Bellingen’s top restaurants.
Talented Head Chef Andy Wood spent four years under hatted Chef Colin Fassnidge at Four in Hand in Sydney.
Here is his recipe for pot roasted Milly Hill lamb shoulder with Dorrigo potatoes, roast capsicum and olives.
1 lamb shoulder, oyster cut
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp cumin seed
1 tsp coriander seed
1 tsp fennel seed
1 bulb fennel chopped
1 large onion chopped
1 carrot chopped
2 sticks celery chopped
2 sprigs rosemary
2 sprigs thyme
1 cup dry white wine
2 red capsicum
1 cup pitted kalamata olives
4-6 Dorrigo Dutch Cream potatoes
- Rub the outside of an Oyster Cut Lamb Shoulder (ask your butcher for this cut) with a mixture of sea salt, crushed cumin, coriander seed and fennel seed and place in a hot (220C) oven for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Lower oven to 150C, place browned lamb in a heavy casserole or camp oven with chopped fennel, onion, carrot, celery, and some fresh rosemary and thyme, along with 1 cup each of white wine and water. Roast for at least three hours, basting occasionally with the juices, until tender and fully cooked.
- Meanwhile roast 2 red capsicums over open flame until charred all over. Allow to cool, then peel, seed and coarsely dice.
- Serve lamb on a platter to carve at the table, with warm capsicum, black olives and boiled potatoes to the side. Garnish with stock and vegetables from the pan.
Serving Suggestion: For a lovely earthy flavour and great colour, cook the potatoes in water infused with saffron. Garnish with fresh local herbs such as basil, tarragon, parsley and chopped spring onion.
This recipe works great in a camp oven.
Learn more about Oak Street Food & Wine: oakstreetfoodandwine.com.au
- Shows Cancelled amid COVID-19 Fears - 14 March 2020
- Windsor Caravans Now Does Motorhomes - 11 February 2020
- First Look – Frontline HiAce 6th Generation - 10 February 2020
- ACC Heading to Charters Towers - 5 February 2020
- New HiAce Frontline Camper Unveiled - 4 February 2020
- Should You Travel To Bushfire Affected Communities? - 12 January 2020
- Can Your Caravan Help After The Bushfires - 11 January 2020
- Why We Use Camplify And You Should Too - 29 October 2019
- Trakka Akuna Campervan – First Look - 24 October 2019
- Car and Caravan Weight Calculator - 11 October 2019