Elite Caravans has allegedly been embezzled by up to $1,000,000 by one of its employees, the company has said when ROAM spoke with owner Adrian Capolla. An email sent to customers earlier this week advised that “Elite Caravans has detected a sophisticated fraud that has perpetrated against it by an employee/contractor over a protracted period of time.”
We’re doing pretty well, given the circumstances,” Mr Capolla said, “and we’re definitely still in the business of building caravans for our customers.”
It’s alleged one of Elite’s sales representatives had been taking deposits and part payments on floor stock caravans, but depositing the money into his own bank accounts. Amounts are unconfirmed, but its alleged payments between $15,000 and $20,000 at a time were unscrupulously taken from customers.
WIN A BLUE TONGUE CAMPER TRAILER – ENTRY IS FREE
“This is a big hit to the company, no doubt about it,” says Mr Capolla, “but importantly, we’re very committed to delivering the caravans people have bought, even while we continue to pursue legal avenues to recoup the money. No customers will be left in the lurch.” According to Mr Capolla, police are investigating the matter, which was initially discovered when a customer questioned where their money had been deposited.
Elite Caravans is a renowned Victorian caravan manufacturer, which has twice been awarded for its manufacturing standards and quality of product. The company custom builds most of its product to customer desire, often creating bold products like off-road ready Dirty Harry or Balistic. The company’s on-road caravans are typically highly featured and focused on luxury living.
Any Elite Caravans customers concerned, or who have questions should direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Aussie Swag Campers Shuts Up Shop - February 8, 2018
- Win a Whale Watching Adventure in Byron Bay - January 14, 2018
- Teardrop Camper Builder in Voluntary Administration - January 13, 2018
- Kingscliff Beach Holiday Park To Open Early - January 11, 2018
- Why are caravan weights and masses so confusing? - January 9, 2018
- Legal action against Lemon Caravans Facebook group founder dropped - January 2, 2018
- The Best Road Trip Audio Books For Aussie Summer - December 31, 2017
- Towing Mirror Comparisons - December 29, 2017
- Caravanning in Peterborough, SA - December 29, 2017
- Kimberley Kampers goes into voluntary administration - December 16, 2017