Kimberley Kampers Pty Ltd has placed itself in voluntary administration, according to a notice placed on the ASIC website. Kimberley Kampers is generally credited with building the most advanced and highest quality rear-fold camper trailers and technologically advanced off-road caravans.
ROAM spoke with company director Bruce Loxton, who confirmed that there is no risk to customers waiting on Kimberley Kampers or caravans, and that this process was instigated to fast track legal obligations to his family company which is a major creditor to the company and part owned by his ex-wife. Bruce said, “Don’t be too concerned. I admit this is highly unconventional but it allows it to bring things to a head and resolve them in 25 days so we can restructure the company.”
WIN A CAMPER TRAILER – Free Entry!
“There is absolutely no need for uncertainty for customers and no issues for people who have put down deposits,” says Loxton. He confirmed that Kimberley Kampers Pty Ltd is purely the company responsible for assembly of the camper trailers and off-road caravans, and that the intellectual property and customer deposits are managed by another company Bruce and another director, Todd Cannock own.
Earlier this year Kimberley was forced to reduced its staff by almost a quarter when long-time Sydney dealer Express Tools and Camping suddenly stopped selling the brand. Since then Loxton has told ROAM he’s increased staff levels again, and appointed a new Sydney dealer – Off Grid Outfitters.
According to Loxton the company is still in a very strong position and still very busily delivering campers and caravans.
For the latest on Kimberley Kampers news or reviews, check out Camper Trailer Review.
- Kimberley Kampers Resurrected Again, For Real, Hopefully - January 12, 2019
- Book Review – Explore Australia by Caravan and Motorhome (6th Ed.) - December 11, 2018
- Redarc BCDC1250D DC to DC Charger Review - November 22, 2018
- Caravan Review – Adria Adora 612 - November 22, 2018
- Interview – John Rooth - November 22, 2018
- Free Camping in Rocky Comes to an End - November 16, 2018
- Two Caravan Builders On The Ropes In One Week - October 25, 2018
- Ballina RV Dealer Continues Winning Awards - October 23, 2018
- Top Gong for Tweed Coast Park – Again - October 23, 2018
- Generator Etiquette – How Not to Be Hated At Camp - October 19, 2018