Kimberley Kampers Pty Ltd has placed itself in voluntary administration, according to a notice placed on the ASIC website. Kimberley Kampers is generally credited with building the most advanced and highest quality rear-fold camper trailers and technologically advanced off-road caravans.
ROAM spoke with company director Bruce Loxton, who confirmed that there is no risk to customers waiting on Kimberley Kampers or caravans, and that this process was instigated to fast track legal obligations to his family company which is a major creditor to the company and part owned by his ex-wife. Bruce said, “Don’t be too concerned. I admit this is highly unconventional but it allows it to bring things to a head and resolve them in 25 days so we can restructure the company.”
WIN A CAMPER TRAILER – Free Entry!
“There is absolutely no need for uncertainty for customers and no issues for people who have put down deposits,” says Loxton. He confirmed that Kimberley Kampers Pty Ltd is purely the company responsible for assembly of the camper trailers and off-road caravans, and that the intellectual property and customer deposits are managed by another company Bruce and another director, Todd Cannock own.
Earlier this year Kimberley was forced to reduced its staff by almost a quarter when long-time Sydney dealer Express Tools and Camping suddenly stopped selling the brand. Since then Loxton has told ROAM he’s increased staff levels again, and appointed a new Sydney dealer – Off Grid Outfitters.
According to Loxton the company is still in a very strong position and still very busily delivering campers and caravans.
For the latest on Kimberley Kampers news or reviews, check out Camper Trailer Review.
- Shows Cancelled amid COVID-19 Fears - 14 March 2020
- Windsor Caravans Now Does Motorhomes - 11 February 2020
- First Look – Frontline HiAce 6th Generation - 10 February 2020
- ACC Heading to Charters Towers - 5 February 2020
- New HiAce Frontline Camper Unveiled - 4 February 2020
- Should You Travel To Bushfire Affected Communities? - 12 January 2020
- Can Your Caravan Help After The Bushfires - 11 January 2020
- Why We Use Camplify And You Should Too - 29 October 2019
- Trakka Akuna Campervan – First Look - 24 October 2019
- Car and Caravan Weight Calculator - 11 October 2019