One of Australia’s premier hard-floor camper builders has allegedly closed down. A notice has been posted by clearing house, Auctioneering Link outlining details that all of the manufacture’s assets are to be sold off on February 15. Assetts include an NQR Isuzu Truck, bandsaw machine, pan brake press, metal cutting guillotine, angle grinders, compressors, dropsaws, edge bender, drills, screw drivers, mig welders, industrial fans, ladders, scrap metal, benders, a tinnie, and office equipment.
Pictures of items to be auctioned include at least two unfinished camper trailers.
Aussie Swag has been contacted for comment, although the company’s listed phone numbers is disconnected and its Facebook page hasn’t been updated since December 16. However posts from that time give no indication the company might have been struggling.
Aussie Swag Campers is a family run business that has been building hard-floor, rear-fold campers since 1985. The company has one a variety of awards for its products, and as recently as last year was displaying an automatically opening camper with very modern features.
Paul Khoury of Auctioneering Link told ROAM that the company isn’t in liquidation, and believes the decision to close down wasn’t a result of insolvency. As we find out more, we’ll continue to update on the situation.
- Generator Etiquette – How Not to Be Hated At Camp - October 19, 2018
- How to Reverse Your Caravan Like a Pro - October 18, 2018
- Young Family Raffling Their Café to Caravan Around Australia - October 15, 2018
- The History of Millard Caravans - October 9, 2018
- What’s New at Melbourne Leisurefest - October 5, 2018
- Narva launches more efficient driving lights and VR experience - October 4, 2018
- New Viscount Models Revealed - September 20, 2018
- Kimberley Kampers to be resurected - September 14, 2018
- 4WD Aftermarket and Caravan Industry on QLD Towing Laws - August 23, 2018
- So what’s actually happening with QLD towing laws? - August 22, 2018