One of Australia’s premier hard-floor camper builders has allegedly closed down. A notice has been posted by clearing house, Auctioneering Link outlining details that all of the manufacture’s assets are to be sold off on February 15. Assetts include an NQR Isuzu Truck, bandsaw machine, pan brake press, metal cutting guillotine, angle grinders, compressors, dropsaws, edge bender, drills, screw drivers, mig welders, industrial fans, ladders, scrap metal, benders, a tinnie, and office equipment.
Pictures of items to be auctioned include at least two unfinished camper trailers.
Aussie Swag has been contacted for comment, although the company’s listed phone numbers is disconnected and its Facebook page hasn’t been updated since December 16. However posts from that time give no indication the company might have been struggling.
Aussie Swag Campers is a family run business that has been building hard-floor, rear-fold campers since 1985. The company has one a variety of awards for its products, and as recently as last year was displaying an automatically opening camper with very modern features.
Paul Khoury of Auctioneering Link told ROAM that the company isn’t in liquidation, and believes the decision to close down wasn’t a result of insolvency. As we find out more, we’ll continue to update on the situation.
- WA Tourism Industry Blames Poor Performance on Free Camping - August 23, 2019
- Review – Coromal Element Evolution RTV - August 16, 2019
- Subscribe to ROAM, win a vintage Viscount. For real. - August 1, 2019
- Reno Rescue – 1977 Viscount Supreme - July 30, 2019
- Kedron Teases Dustproofing - June 13, 2019
- Wireless Trailer Connector – First Look - June 6, 2019
- Willow RV – First Look - June 5, 2019
- Jayco Adventurer 16.50-3 – Review - May 31, 2019
- Kimberley Kampers Harder to Kill Than Jon Snow - May 29, 2019
- The Little Olympic That’s A Blast From The Past - May 1, 2019