One of Australia’s premier hard-floor camper builders has allegedly closed down. A notice has been posted by clearing house, Auctioneering Link outlining details that all of the manufacture’s assets are to be sold off on February 15. Assetts include an NQR Isuzu Truck, bandsaw machine, pan brake press, metal cutting guillotine, angle grinders, compressors, dropsaws, edge bender, drills, screw drivers, mig welders, industrial fans, ladders, scrap metal, benders, a tinnie, and office equipment.
Pictures of items to be auctioned include at least two unfinished camper trailers.
Aussie Swag has been contacted for comment, although the company’s listed phone numbers is disconnected and its Facebook page hasn’t been updated since December 16. However posts from that time give no indication the company might have been struggling.
Aussie Swag Campers is a family run business that has been building hard-floor, rear-fold campers since 1985. The company has one a variety of awards for its products, and as recently as last year was displaying an automatically opening camper with very modern features.
Paul Khoury of Auctioneering Link told ROAM that the company isn’t in liquidation, and believes the decision to close down wasn’t a result of insolvency. As we find out more, we’ll continue to update on the situation.
Recently, Kimberley Kampers has also been in the spotlight, as it put itself into voluntary administration, although it is still trading.
- Caravan Industry Association Starts Insurance Business - May 25, 2018
- ‘Vanners and Truckies Summit Needed Says ACC - May 24, 2018
- Live Fanny on Facebook in The Outback - May 21, 2018
- Camping Gear Wins Big At Good Design Awards - May 18, 2018
- Redarc’s New Technology’s A Winner - May 18, 2018
- Avida Motorhome Updates On The Way - May 16, 2018
- French caravans coming to Australia - May 16, 2018
- Hottest things on display at Sydney Caravan and Camping Show - April 23, 2018
- Jayco’s Offroad Camper Trailer First Look - April 20, 2018
- Thuraya SatSleeve+ Review - April 17, 2018