One of Australia’s premier hard-floor camper builders has allegedly closed down. A notice has been posted by clearing house, Auctioneering Link outlining details that all of the manufacture’s assets are to be sold off on February 15. Assetts include an NQR Isuzu Truck, bandsaw machine, pan brake press, metal cutting guillotine, angle grinders, compressors, dropsaws, edge bender, drills, screw drivers, mig welders, industrial fans, ladders, scrap metal, benders, a tinnie, and office equipment.
Pictures of items to be auctioned include at least two unfinished camper trailers.
Aussie Swag has been contacted for comment, although the company’s listed phone numbers is disconnected and its Facebook page hasn’t been updated since December 16. However posts from that time give no indication the company might have been struggling.
Aussie Swag Campers is a family run business that has been building hard-floor, rear-fold campers since 1985. The company has one a variety of awards for its products, and as recently as last year was displaying an automatically opening camper with very modern features.
Paul Khoury of Auctioneering Link told ROAM that the company isn’t in liquidation, and believes the decision to close down wasn’t a result of insolvency. As we find out more, we’ll continue to update on the situation.
- Should You Travel To Bushfire Affected Communities? - January 12, 2020
- Can Your Caravan Help After The Bushfires - January 11, 2020
- Why We Use Camplify And You Should Too - October 29, 2019
- Trakka Akuna Campervan – First Look - October 24, 2019
- Car and Caravan Weight Calculator - October 11, 2019
- Dexter Tow Assist – ABS For Caravans - October 9, 2019
- AL-KO Enduro X – First Look - October 8, 2019
- Caravanning At Tweed Heads - October 8, 2019
- WA Tourism Industry Blames Poor Performance on Free Camping - August 23, 2019
- Review – Coromal Element Evolution RTV - August 16, 2019