Griffith is a must stop destination for travellers planning a lap of Australia or even a north/south eastern pilgrimage. There’s plenty of history and the region’s mediterranean climate and Italian heritage makes it one of Australia’s top regional destinations for food and wine lovers.
Grifﬁth, the agricultural powerhouse of the Riverina is a cosmopolitan city with plenty of appeal. Mid-week the main street is buzzing with colour and activity, people shopping, lunching or grabbing coffee with friends. The foodie scene is delightful, with 60 per cent of the population claiming Italian heritage, the cafes are dominated by good Italian eateries, visit these restaurants to discover the city’s most inﬂuential culture.
It’s the Italian word for mint – as in where money is created. A perfect name for this classic Italian eatery in an art deco building formerly the local branch of the Rural Bank. There’s an open kitchen and central bar, serving delicious handmade food with locally sourced seasonal ingredients. Zecca was the dream of well-travelled friends Daniel, Ben and Michaela, who returned to Grifﬁth to open their dream restaurant serving rustic and regional Italian dishes. The wine list features local Italian wines.
A Grifﬁth institution: this family owned and run business has been serving Grifﬁth locals and weary travellers for more than 30 years. The service is friendly, the décor traditional, the meals are hearty and the scaloppine delicious!
Located in the historic Mona Cafe in the heart of town, Vita’s has been serving authentic Italian cuisine for more than 15 years. This is a great place to share bowls of gnocchi and pasta with friends and family. Be sure to also try the rocket topper.
Always a hive of activity, this cafe is a regular coffee spot with the locals. Good spot for lunch, fresh juice and smoothies or coffee and delicious homemade treats – try the lemon ricotta cake!
LA PICCOLA GROSSERIA & ITALIAN DELI
A family business which specialises in imported cheese, salami and other deli delights. Pop in for an authentic Italian deli experience and pick up a freshly made roll and coffee or Chinotto.
Read the full story in: Issue 25 of ROAM
For more information visit Visitgriffith.com.au
- Shows Cancelled amid COVID-19 Fears - 14 March 2020
- Windsor Caravans Now Does Motorhomes - 11 February 2020
- First Look – Frontline HiAce 6th Generation - 10 February 2020
- ACC Heading to Charters Towers - 5 February 2020
- New HiAce Frontline Camper Unveiled - 4 February 2020
- Should You Travel To Bushfire Affected Communities? - 12 January 2020
- Can Your Caravan Help After The Bushfires - 11 January 2020
- Why We Use Camplify And You Should Too - 29 October 2019
- Trakka Akuna Campervan – First Look - 24 October 2019
- Car and Caravan Weight Calculator - 11 October 2019