One of the most exciting advances for campers in terms of new technology has been the constant improvement in solar panels.
Solar blankets are getting more lightweight and generating more power for day-to-day camping needs.
A lot of the development is happening here in Australia, with SAbased technology company REDARC leading the way.
Alter releasing a range of portable lightweight solar blankets just six months ago, REDARC has announced yet another breakthrough and update to its range. They’re described as “next generation” solar panels. Containing high grade Monocrystalline cell technology, the panel’s lightweight design includes adjustable legs so they can be angled towards the sun as required.
The full REDARC solar range also includes Monocrystalline Solar Panels in 50, 80, 120, watt power ratings. REDARC has a solar calculator on its website to help calculate how much power you may need per day for your campsite, depending on the size of your battery bank and appliances.
- ROAM Issue 33 – Read It Online - May 25, 2018
- Australia’s Best Bike Tracks Near Great Campsites - December 6, 2017
- Caravan Club Donates $1000 to RACQ Life Flight - December 5, 2017
- Motorhome Review – Horizon Melaleuca Appeal - October 21, 2017
- Winton’s Dunny Derby Run and Won - September 28, 2017
- Motorhome Review – Sunliner Habitat - September 14, 2017
- Top 5 Nomad Towing Mistakes - August 25, 2017
- Camper Trailer Review – Blue Tongue Overland XF 2 - August 17, 2017
- Video – Mal Leyland visits Eden and Pambula - August 1, 2017
- Evans Head caravan park upgrade on the move - July 4, 2017