Record number of Australian Caravan Club members racing to Charters Towers Chairman’s Muster.
A record number of registrations for the forthcoming annual Australian Caravan Club (ACC) Chairman’s Muster have been received for the Muster which is to be held in Charters Towers in May.
ACC Chairman, Craig Humphrey, said the response from members has been fantastic. “Over 115 RV’s bringing 200 ACC members will visit the Charters Towers region for nearly a week from 14 May 2020. I had envisaged about 70 RV’s attending but I am really overwhelmed with the response.”
“Following strong representation from local organisers – Judy de Loryn and Linda Brierley, I was very supportive of staging this year’s Chairman’s Muster in Charters Towers.
“As a group of senior RV travellers covering the four corners of this great country, our members have seen the devastation caused by drought and other severe weather events.
“Our members have been very strong in wanting to provide more support in drought-affected areas. When we stay in rural areas, research indicates our members spend up to $100 per day which supports local business.
“This is an example of RV travellers being able to directly support affected regions and I commend both the organisers and members for such a positive reaction to date,” said Mr Humphrey.
Charters Towers Regional Council’s Deputy Mayor, Cr Sonia Bennetto said she is thrilled by the response from the ACC community. “We’re excited to have so many ACC members register for the Chairman’s Muster. It will be fantastic for our community and a real boost to our local economy. We can’t wait to show off what our region has to offer,” said Cr Bennetto.
Whilst in Charters Towers, ACC members will visit several local attractions, have catered meals and support a local charity organisation. “I encourage local businesses to reach out to the organisers to see how they can promote their business to the ACC members,” said Cr Bennetto.
- Shows Cancelled amid COVID-19 Fears - 14 March 2020
- Windsor Caravans Now Does Motorhomes - 11 February 2020
- First Look – Frontline HiAce 6th Generation - 10 February 2020
- ACC Heading to Charters Towers - 5 February 2020
- New HiAce Frontline Camper Unveiled - 4 February 2020
- Should You Travel To Bushfire Affected Communities? - 12 January 2020
- Can Your Caravan Help After The Bushfires - 11 January 2020
- Why We Use Camplify And You Should Too - 29 October 2019
- Trakka Akuna Campervan – First Look - 24 October 2019
- Car and Caravan Weight Calculator - 11 October 2019