In my mind there’s an ideal size and layout for a caravan built for two doing an extended trip of Australia. There’s not a lot of criteria to it either. It’s something that’s around 16 to 18 feet long, is easy to manage, both on the highway and pulling into camp, is still useful if you only want to tow 2500kg and is able to camp away from the facilities of a caravan park for at least a few nights at a time. Something like this Winnebago caravan named after a river in Queensland that’s named after a failed explorer ticks just about all of those boxes.
What does your ideal touring caravan look like? Tell us in the comments below.
- 1961 Jennison Pathfinder Restoration – Video - June 20, 2018
- New Age Wayfinder – Quick Review - June 19, 2018
- Trail’s Hybrid 15-footer on Show - June 13, 2018
- RAM 1500 Comes to Australia – Price and Specs - June 12, 2018
- NSW Rego Costs to Be Slashed by up to $471 - June 9, 2018
- Review – Horizon Motorhomes Waratah 4×4 - June 7, 2018
- Jayco Launches Updated Work’N’Play Range – Review - June 7, 2018
- Full Size Lego Caravan Will Blow Your Mind - June 7, 2018
- Explorer Motorhomes Shows off 6WD Motorhome Base - June 6, 2018
- Aussie Traveller Celebrates 30 Years - June 6, 2018