At ROAM we’re continually trying to improve how we do things, and how we can make it easier for you to access our magazine. Over 80% of you think it’s very good or excellent, so we want to make sure it’s accessible to everyone. Which is why we’ve introduced Pay-As-You-Go subscriptions.
We’re not reinventing the wheel, here. You’re probably already signed up to similar models – Netflix, Foxtel, NRMA Roadside Assist – anyone that charges you a small, regular amount for an agreed service. In our case, a copy of the best caravan and camping magazine going around, delivered to your mail box every second month. So you know what to expect, here’s how it will work.
- When you sign up for a subscription, we’ll charge you for the initial magazine. At the moment, that’s $8.50. If we ever decide it’ll change, we’ll give you the option to opt out first, and give you two-months notice.
- About a week before the next issue is due to be posted, we’ll charge you again for your next magazine. We post magazines in the first week of January, March, May, July, September, and November, so we’ll charge you in the last week of February, April, June, August, October and December.
- Your payment details are kept safe by our payment provider, Stripe. You can read more about its security measures here. We’ll never give them out to anyone (in fact, we can’t) and we’ll never charge you for a product you haven’t ordered (again, it’s impossible for us to do so).
- Your subscription is managed using cloud-based software provided by Subsail, a specialist subscription management software for niche publishers like us. Once you sign up, you’ll be given an account, unique link to manage your subscription, and the ability to cancel anytime – whether that’s after 1 issue, or 100.
- You’ll be charged 8.50 for each issue, in advance. If a payment fails, we will automatically retry subscription renewal charges four times over a five day period. When a renewal payment fails, the subscription gets entered into a queue which will attempt payment a further three times (on days 1, 3 and 5 after a first failed payment). After a fourth failed payment the subscription is cancelled.
If you have any questions about our Pay-As-You-Go subscriptions, get in touch by emailing email@example.com or calling 02 8725 4523