Road trips can be romantic, but travel inevitably puts added strains on your relationship.
Relationships expert Dr Karen Phillip has these tips to help you get home and still be in love.
- Set your itinerary together before leaving so both partners understand where they’re going and how long you’ll be away.
- Discuss and arrange activities you both wish to enjoy, either together or separately.
- If needed, arrange time apart some days.
- When an argument does erupt, take five minutes time out from speaking. Stop and walk around or breathe deeply until each person can speak and respond appropriately.
- Communicate respectfully, understanding each person is different in the way they process words and feelings.
For the full story, see Issue 23 of ROAM