For fans of off-road adventures visiting the 4WD and Adventure Show in Sydney Friday the 13th of September, they’ll have the chance to see a big screen screening of the Leyland Brother’s seminal film, Wheels Across A Wilderness.
Filmed in 1966, the two brothers, Mal and Mike Leyland set off in a pair of Land Rovers driving from Steep Point in Western Australia to Cape Byron in New South Wales, the most westerly to easterly points of the Australian mainland. The trip took 18 months to plan and five months to complete!
The movie will be introduced by Mal Leyland himself, who’s expected to offer some insights and anecdotes from the massive undertaking, before the movie is played on a giant outdoor screen. Mal’s also going to be exhibiting at the 4WD show over the entire weekend.
A second movie screen will be set up in another area of the show screening a modern action film Rough Stuff, which will be introduced by director Jonathan Adams.
The movie night will begin at 6pm on Friday 13th October. Bring the family, there will be food and drinks on sale; and the 4WD Clubs will be collecting donations for the Royal Flying Doctor Service. Entry to the movie night is included in your ticket price for the Friday of the show.
- Win a Great Southern Tour with CIL Insurance - July 12, 2018
- Coromal and Windsor Sold to Apollo for Peanuts - June 23, 2018
- 1961 Jennison Pathfinder Restoration – Video - June 20, 2018
- New Age Wayfinder – Quick Review - June 19, 2018
- Trail’s Hybrid 15-footer on Show - June 13, 2018
- RAM 1500 Comes to Australia – Price and Specs - June 12, 2018
- NSW Rego Costs to Be Slashed by up to $471 - June 9, 2018
- Review – Horizon Motorhomes Waratah 4×4 - June 7, 2018
- Jayco Launches Updated Work’N’Play Range – Review - June 7, 2018
- Full Size Lego Caravan Will Blow Your Mind - June 7, 2018