For fans of off-road adventures visiting the 4WD and Adventure Show in Sydney Friday the 13th of September, they’ll have the chance to see a big screen screening of the Leyland Brother’s seminal film, Wheels Across A Wilderness.
Filmed in 1966, the two brothers, Mal and Mike Leyland set off in a pair of Land Rovers driving from Steep Point in Western Australia to Cape Byron in New South Wales, the most westerly to easterly points of the Australian mainland. The trip took 18 months to plan and five months to complete!
The movie will be introduced by Mal Leyland himself, who’s expected to offer some insights and anecdotes from the massive undertaking, before the movie is played on a giant outdoor screen. Mal’s also going to be exhibiting at the 4WD show over the entire weekend.
A second movie screen will be set up in another area of the show screening a modern action film Rough Stuff, which will be introduced by director Jonathan Adams.
The movie night will begin at 6pm on Friday 13th October. Bring the family, there will be food and drinks on sale; and the 4WD Clubs will be collecting donations for the Royal Flying Doctor Service. Entry to the movie night is included in your ticket price for the Friday of the show.
- Caravan Industry Association Starts Insurance Business - May 25, 2018
- ‘Vanners and Truckies Summit Needed Says ACC - May 24, 2018
- Live Fanny on Facebook in The Outback - May 21, 2018
- Camping Gear Wins Big At Good Design Awards - May 18, 2018
- Redarc’s New Technology’s A Winner - May 18, 2018
- Avida Motorhome Updates On The Way - May 16, 2018
- French caravans coming to Australia - May 16, 2018
- Hottest things on display at Sydney Caravan and Camping Show - April 23, 2018
- Jayco’s Offroad Camper Trailer First Look - April 20, 2018
- Thuraya SatSleeve+ Review - April 17, 2018