The Caravan Industry Association Western Australia Inc (CIAWA) has signed an agreement with Tourism WA to administer the Caravan Industry Development Initiative (CIDI) program.
CIAWA CEO Craig Kenyon says the initiative will equip regional caravan parks with a profitable set of resources.
“This is designed to address key business, workforce and developmental priorities,” he says. “As well as providing a pathway to national accreditation through the Caravan Industry Association of Australia (CIAA).”
Gwyn Dolphin, Tourism WA’s Chief Executive Officer, is delighted to be working alongside the industry to provide even finer caravan and camping experiences.
“In 2016, an estimated 1.6 million visitors spent 7.7 million nights in caravan or camping accommodation, contributing more than $1 billion to the State’s economy,” Mr Dolphin reports.
The sector is important to the tourism industry in WA and it is thought this initiative will assist in meeting the expectations of travellers.
The program is open to all licensed caravan parks or camping grounds in the state with expressions of interest now open via the link below.
- Australia’s Best Bike Tracks Near Great Campsites - December 6, 2017
- Caravan Club Donates $1000 to RACQ Life Flight - December 5, 2017
- Motorhome Review – Horizon Melaleuca Appeal - October 21, 2017
- Winton’s Dunny Derby Run and Won - September 28, 2017
- Motorhome Review – Sunliner Habitat - September 14, 2017
- Top 5 Nomad Towing Mistakes - August 25, 2017
- Camper Trailer Review – Blue Tongue Overland XF 2 - August 17, 2017
- Video – Mal Leyland visits Eden and Pambula - August 1, 2017
- Evans Head caravan park upgrade on the move - July 4, 2017
- Police crack down on Nimbin culture - June 22, 2017