Australia’s largest club dedicated to campervan and motorhome owners, the Campervan and Motorhome Club of Australia has added two new South Australian towns to it’s popular RV Friendly Town program.
The program ensures that a town “has met a set of guidelines to ensure they provide a certain amount of amenities, and a certain level of services for these travellers.” At it’s heart, it identifies towns which welcome RV and caravan travellers, caters for their needs for parking and space, and offers them a safe and convenient (and often free) place to stay for at least one night, and often longer.
Waikarie, on the banks of the Murray River was added at the start of September. Right in the heart of the state’s fruit growing region, the town is offering free overnight parking for up to seven days for people in self contained RVs. Head to the Holder Bend Reserve and Boat ramp. Pets are welcome, on leads.
Further west, Ceduna, at the top of the Eyre Peninsula has also been added. Ceduna is a very popular stop for people crossing east to west, or those who are visiting the Eyre Peninsula. Short- and long-term parking is available for RVers at the Shelley Beach Caravan Park for $10 per night. A free dump point can be found at the BP Service Station on the Eyre Highway.
- Coromal and Windsor Sold to Apollo for Peanuts - June 23, 2018
- 1961 Jennison Pathfinder Restoration – Video - June 20, 2018
- New Age Wayfinder – Quick Review - June 19, 2018
- Trail’s Hybrid 15-footer on Show - June 13, 2018
- RAM 1500 Comes to Australia – Price and Specs - June 12, 2018
- NSW Rego Costs to Be Slashed by up to $471 - June 9, 2018
- Review – Horizon Motorhomes Waratah 4×4 - June 7, 2018
- Jayco Launches Updated Work’N’Play Range – Review - June 7, 2018
- Full Size Lego Caravan Will Blow Your Mind - June 7, 2018
- Explorer Motorhomes Shows off 6WD Motorhome Base - June 6, 2018