By Kimberley Nicoll
A caravan at a Ballina caravan park became engulfed in flames early yesterday morning.
Police, Fire & Rescue and paramedics were called to Hibiscus Gardens Caravan Park just before 7am.
It’s not known what caused the fire but Manager Brendan Edwards believes it could have been an electrical issue.
The 40-year-old caravan was privately owned and occupied by a man in his 20s.
“He was very upset as he has only lived there a couple of months and lost all of his belongings,” says Mr Edwards.
Reportedly, the Salvation Army acted straight away and came along with $500 in cash for the man.
Photo Credit: Illawarra Mercury
- Australia’s Best Bike Tracks Near Great Campsites - December 6, 2017
- Caravan Club Donates $1000 to RACQ Life Flight - December 5, 2017
- Motorhome Review – Horizon Melaleuca Appeal - October 21, 2017
- Winton’s Dunny Derby Run and Won - September 28, 2017
- Motorhome Review – Sunliner Habitat - September 14, 2017
- Top 5 Nomad Towing Mistakes - August 25, 2017
- Camper Trailer Review – Blue Tongue Overland XF 2 - August 17, 2017
- Video – Mal Leyland visits Eden and Pambula - August 1, 2017
- Evans Head caravan park upgrade on the move - July 4, 2017
- Police crack down on Nimbin culture - June 22, 2017